Monday, June 4, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

I am so proud of myself- yes that's right- I'm allowing myself a little boasting time. Mainly because I cant really take credit these days for a lot of ideas, because of Pinterest. Pinterest is an addiction of mine. I love it! But anyways I came up with a idea for school ON MY OWN!! No pinterest needed :) Mainly to use for for Cowboy and Butter. We love the book Chicka Chicka boom boom. And I thought, how fun would it be to make a coconut tree to hang on the wall and as we learn letters, let them Velcro that letter to the tree. So instead of just drawing a tree and being boring. I went all out. It may not be fancy to you, and the boys will probably care less, but in the future maybe they will look back and think of the coconut tree that mommy made them to help them learn their letters. So I first took some brown industrial paper and drew the tree trunk and limbs. Then I cut out orange circles for the coconuts.

 I wanted my tree to look kinda realistic, so i just tore up pieces of construction paper and glued them on the limbs in different directions to give the limbs a little more character.


After it was all done and put together, I laminated it and cut it out then laid it out on the table :) I cant wait to take pictures of it hanging on the wall and it being used during school time to share with you !!Chicka Chicka Boom Boom



No comments:

Post a Comment